Dealing with Donald Trump
Donald Trump is a “celebrity” in his own mind, but to me, he’s every movie villain I’ve grown-up with:
Trumpzilla, TrumpFace, Trumpenstein, DarthTrump, Nagus Trump, King Dong, the Grinch, Scrooge and others.
Politics is messy business, the issues complex, but, these movie-villain analogies simplify the subject and make the issues easy to understand and discuss.
Yes, this book is about Donald Trump, but it’s more than that.
This book is about YOUR REACTION to Donald Trump!
This book is for:
- The 92 million that didn’t vote in 2016 but still influenced an election
- The 65 million that voted for Hillary and are now terrified
- The 62 million that voted for Trump and now regret it
- The 2018 Midterm Elections are upon us, and the course of our discourse, the path of our planet, the trajectory of billions of lives–democracy itself–hangs in the balance!
Panic much? It’s true!
If you don’t think so, you’re NOT PAYING ATTENTION! If you are 1 of the 92 million that didn’t vote in the 2016 presidential election, WAKE-UP! The world needs you! YOU will determine who wins the 2018 midterm elections—as well as the White House in 2020!
Do you even know, because of Trump:
- Toxic chemicals are being dumped in our water ways
- Public lands are being leased for mining, drilling, and fracking
- Massive tax breaks have been given to millionaires and billionaires
- Middle class and poor got minimal tax breaks, wages are stagnant and cost of goods is up
- Women’s rights to contraception and control of their own bodies is in jeopardy
- Immigrants—KIDS—ARE IN CAGES! (ARE YOU ENRAGED YET?!)
- Hispanics, refugees, are being interned in for-profit prisons
- Hundreds of issues are being decided without your voice!
- If you are 1 of the 65 million that voted for Hillary, you KNOW how damaging this president and administration have been. I hope this book will help you cope with the stress, negativity, depression and rage.
A little douchebag wisdom can help get you through. Laughter helps; and so does action!
Each chapter ends with ways to get involved.
If you are 1 of the 62 million that voted for Trump and are now disillusioned and angry, read on. You took a chance, voted for change, but you never anticipated Trump’s assault on people’s rights: immigrants, women, Vets, LGBTQ.
You’ve smelled the hatred from Trump and the Republicans, but you prefer the message of love and hope from the Democrats! Welcome to the cause—the #BlueWave! Time to vote for your local DEMOCRATS!
You’re not crazy! We’re all feeling it—the Trump Effect. We’ve been beat-up with lies and ugly rhetoric, but we must continue to look for the good! It’ll take a bit of twisty logic, but we are not helpless or hopeless; we are Americans!
It’s time to get informed and get involved. It’s time to #TakeItBack: the House of Representatives and the Senate! It’s time to spread the love, the light, and the laughter. We need a grassroots effort to make this a kinder, gentler world and that STARTS WITH YOU! It starts with each of us.
Pick a movie, pick a chapter, pick an issue, pick a friend and start walking, talking, and engaging on the issues. Let Douchebag Wisdom guide you.
And, for the love of humanity and the planet, get out and VOTE November 6th! And TAKE A FRIEND!
About Lima Bravo
Lima Bravo has been a helpful, hopeful sort her entire life. As a student of psychology, theology, sociology, and quantum physics, she’s spent her life as a marketer exploring human behavior: how we respond to the challenges in our lives and to each other.
She’s a motivational speaker who believes our words create our realities, and she uses her words to lift others and help them live their best lives. Lima strives to find the humor and the silver lining in all of life’s lessons and challenges. Her sincerest wish is to create common denominators that spark respectful conversations.
#LoquaciousLima is available for customized keynotes and workshops. Email her at: email@example.com